DAZL Xplode Community Program
DAZL has a focus on participation and reducing inequalities for children and young people across the city of Leeds. Activity is based in venues at the heart of the communities.
DAZL Xplode Classes – are a series of weekly dance as physical activity session which also throughout the year incorporates healthy eating for 5-15 years. The program caters for all abilities and styles of dance. This program is supported and in partnership with local organisation, Leeds Public Health, The local ward councillors and local community committees across the city.
- DAZL Xplode at Swinnow Community Centre – 5-6.30 (6-10yrs) & (11yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode at Hillside Hall, Farnley – 4.45-5.45 (6-10yrs & 11yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode Seacroft at Kentmear Centre – 5.15-6.15pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Richmond Hill Centre, Burmantofts – 5.15-6.15pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Beeston at Watsonia Pavillion Community Centre, Crossflatts Park – 4.30-5.30pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Thorpe Community Centre – 4.30pm-5.30pm (5-11yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Cottingley Centre – 5pm-6pm (5-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Rothwell, Scout Hut, Haige Rd – 4-5pm (3-6yrs & 7-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Nowells at Proverb 31 Community Centre, Burmantofts – 6-7pm (6-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode Wortley at St John Church Hall- 4.30-5.30 Cheerdance (6-10yrs & 11yrs+) & 5.30-6.30 Streetdance (6-10yrs & 11yrs+)
- DAZL Xplode Morley, Newlands Church, 5.30-6.30pm (5-12yrs)
- DAZL Xplode at Bramley Community Centre – 4-5pm Cheerdance for (5-8yrs & 9-13yrs) Streetdance, 5-6pm for (9-13yrs)
- DAZL Belle Isle at South Leeds hub – 9.30am-11am (6-13yrs)
All sessions are designed to build confidence , self-esteem and improved their health and wellbeing in a safe environment. Classes are run by a highly experienced Leeds based artists and supported by local DAZL Dance Leader from the local communities.
There’s scope for young people to be involved as participants and Youth Dance Leader/ Volunteers assisting the dance artist. Lots of performance opportunities and holiday programmes through the year. Many participants engage with other DAZL’s activity as a result of being involved in this program. The young people have the option to be involved in a more intensive program or to take part in drop-in sessions. For all DAZL programs and pathway here is a document for you to download DAZL Programs and Pathways Poster 2018
DAZL Ignite program for inactive or overweight children and young people.
For more on how you can get involved please email [email protected] Call/ Text 07519018675. Checkout our social media – Twitter @DAZL_Leeds FB – LIKE danceactionzoneleeds or Ista @danceactionzoneleeds
View some examples of the groups below or visit us on YouTube – Click Here or Vimeo Click Here
How can I support DAZL Xplode?
We are always looking for help towards costs of sessions, costumes, equipment and transport etc. For the young people we work with even £5 to cover the cost of a couple of classes really can make a huge difference to their lives.
If you can help then all donations are gratefully received and we would be very happy to include you on our supporter’s page and invite you as a guest to our performances by way of a thank you. We are happy to consider other ways for people to contribute to the program. We are registered at BigGive.org – you can click on the donate button below.